Logos

These are some logos (with brief descriptions) that I designed as part of a Logo Book that is in my portfolio.

The inspiration for "Just Desserts" came from the way bakers will decorate and write on pastries with very tasty syrup (sweets are my weakness). So I decided to have the logo written in syrup. Whether the flavor is raspberry or chocolate is left up to your interpretation!


















This design for Yoga Zone is intended to promote the feeling of high energy along wholeness and well-being.


















Generate is a newsletter that I designed for a class project. It would be published monthly by a college art department and feature contemporary graphic artists. I guess my designs tend to sway toward an industrial look since I also use gears as part of my personal portfolio identity. But this masthead's use of industry is meant to project the idea of graphic design having a functional purpose in the commercial world.








This logo is for a wedding planning company. I didn't want to stray too far from the typical wedding look so that potential customers would know right away what type of events the company handles, so the calligraphic font helped in that way. And the lines that frame the name of the company are meant to indirectly reference the back of an envelope.

















This one is pretty self-explanatory. I think the cow horns really give it a fun country look.


















For "Choice Dentistry", the extension of the C as an underscore is simply a visual effect within the logo, but it would be a useful tool in advancing the identity of the company later on in things such as handouts and other promotional items since the C with the line attached is very recognizable.












In the midst of my logo book making I decided to satisfy an impulse I've always had to redesign the logo for my dad's company. The concept behind the one they have now isn't bad, but I think the idea could have been executed better. So I designed it as if I was a designer coming in and updating the company's look instead of changing it completely.
 
In going along with the current logo idea, the M represents a steady growth in productivity despite the inevitable ups and downs a company will face. It is meant to reference a company chart, but right now it looks kind of like mountains. So I made it a simple black line with a subtle graph chart behind it. Then I added a brush stroke to the line to make it look like someone marked the chart by hand with a pen. This projects the idea of there being a personal human touch to the work they do. 


This is a design for a contest the SHSU Writing in the Disciplines program held in order to determine their new logo. Mine wasn't the winner, but I was still pretty happy with it. The purpose of the program is to help college professors at Sam Houston State better implement writing into their courses. The instructions were that the logo should represent the concept of writing in some way and should be appealing to the group of people who will be using the program, college professors.

My design resolution was to frame the name of the group within the confines of a sheet of paper with a staple at the top left, a sight which many professors are familiar with. Writing is obviously the focus of the program, so that became the main focus of the words, displayed larger and in a handwritten font in order to get the idea of student writing across even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment